Reps. Erin Murphy and JoAnn Ward have introduced legislation in the Minnesota House of Representatives that would enact a number of restrictions on firearms. The bill, House File 4360, has been referred to the House Public Safety and Security Policy and Finance Committee and would, in part:
- Require criminal background checks for pistol transfers
- Prohibit transfer of semiautomatic military-style assault weapons and large capacity magazines
- Establish a firearm buyback program
All of these provisions have broad, bipartisan support among the American public, and LEAP Foward will be grading support for this legislation.
- Link to Minnesota State Legislature Page for HF 4360
- Link to bill text
- Link to list of Committee Members